WRT54GS Help

• Thread starter Deleted member 143938
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143938

Hi.

My router is acting up suddenly.
A few days ago I could connect to online game servers no problem. Now I can't connect to some such as Prey and Quake 4. When I only connect using the modem, I can access them fine.

The router is wired to my computer. I have DMZ enabled on the computers IP (and I know it works because I can't use Utorrent if DMZ isn't on that IP).
I'm stuck and don't know what to do, I have the latest firmare (well, Tomato. But before that I had the official newest [dated to '06]), everything in the router config seems fine.

I think I could make it work if I port forward, but that stuff is really annoying and shouldn't DMZ take care of that?

Any help would be appreciated, I really want to play those games

If you're using the DMZ, why even bother with using a router? I would turn it off and forward the ports you need to use personally.

If you're using the DMZ, why even bother with using a router? I would turn it off and forward the ports you need to use personally.

Umm so that my wireless computers can have internet access? I've had DMZ and no firewall for years, hacking is overrated.

I also tried forwarding the ports according to portforward.com the other night, still no go

Back