WRT54G Woes.....

jmag034

Limp Gawd
Alright ive been having problems with my WRT54G. I have internet going through my cable modem fine, but anything through my router just wont work. no internet at all. ive tried resetting the router and modem, and flashing the firmware to the latest.
anyone have any ideas?

nothing weather its wired or wireless? also double check to make sure you plugged it into the WAN side of the router (basic yes but you never know), DHCP enabled unless you have a static ip? also power cycle? power down all hardware, modem, router, pc's..power up cable modem till online, then router, then pc's? also have you tried a different cable from the modem to the router?

also maybe try running WINSOCK FIX

Make sure your cable modem is powered off for 10 seconds to clear the VRAM of the MAC address from your computer.

My V1.1 WRT54G did the same exact thing to me two weeks ago. I tried a reset (a few times) and power-down/up cycle (in correct order). I saw the router was communicating with the cable modem (Motorola Surfboard SB5100), but no connection to any wired or wireless PC. I assumed it was dead and purchased a D-Link DGL-4300. It was either the D-Link (the 4300 is the only D-Link router I would ever buy), or the WRT54GL.

So far, I'm pleased with the DGL-4300, but it wasn't cheap (compared to the Linksys, anyway). I'm going to have my WRT54G RMA'd though - it's still under the three year warranty. Yours likely is too...

--G

Back