wpa in ubuntu edgy

monachetti

n00b
I'm having a heck of a time getting my dell inspiron e1505 to connect to wireless for wep/wpa protected networks. by the way i'm pretty much new at linux. anyways, i pretty much did everything on this link:

http://www.debianadmin.com/enable-wpa-wireless-access-point-in-ubuntu-linux.html

i'm to the point where i can see wireless networks in the area, and i can connect to unprotected networks, but when i try to connect to my wpa protected network, i put in the info, but never connects. it tries for a bit and reverts back to my wired connection after awhile. i tried reading some of the log files, but i guess i don't know what to make fo them anyway.

i'm getting tired of reading threads all over google, so if anyone around here has any ideas, that'd be awesome.

check out the network-manager application. It will install with the code to support wpa and works really well. Just make sure you know how to hard code a network connection in case you can't into the gui and need to get the machine online.

Back