• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Would you RMA?

fatez

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
130
Recently, I hear noises coming out of my computer. After further investigation, I found the cause of it was the wd 300gb serial ata. The noise is a very loud clicking clicking sound every 2-3 seconds and it will go on until I pull the power from it. My question is, would you guys RMA the sucker, even though it is not dead? Certainly I have all my data backed up and the warranty on that thing is good till the middle of 2008. The reason I'm asking this is because I've never seen a hard drive died before and curious to think what you guys have to say about it?

Oh yeah, I didn't run the WD diagnostic tools, because the noise was so annoying that I pulled that thing out of my computer. It was very loud.
 
Sounds like a dying drive to me, run the diagnostic tools/check the smart values. If anything is in the wrong RMA it.
 
Back
Top