Would you buy this cat5e plenum 1000ft?

If it's 20 minutes from your house...you can eyeball it and see it for yourself to verify that it's a full unopened box. Toss him 50 bucks and go, done. It's a decent price.

Seems fine. 75% off of retail isn't uncommon for hard-to-sell items on craigslist.

I daresay you could pick up more than one and resell - either as a box, or as a bunch of smaller lengths. Market conditions + your effort may vary though ;)

Still an excellent price for a little less than a quarter-mile of Cat5, plenum too boot.

Provided whats in that box is actually whats on the outside you are getting a great deal.
We use that exact cable at work and it has never given us any problems. Even when yanking it through underground conduit.

(I know, we aren't supposed to use it underground but hey "more with less")

Will it work for patch cables too? I don't think I'll need any, but I've heard the sleeves are hard to crimp with plenum.

Will it work as patch cables? sure! is it ideal? nah. For patch cables you want something with stranded wires and a flexible jacket. This is probably single wires and a more rigid jacket, but throw some ends on there and you will still get a connection.

Well I bought some... seems decent. Comes on a roll in a box, instead of just stuffed in a box.

Me personally, I wouldn't buy it because everything I pull is Cat 6 (granted, I don't do much pulling of cable). Was it a good deal, sure it is. Plenum works just fine as patch cables but again, I don't make patch cables, my time is worth more than the ~$1 that they cost to buy them pre-made ;)

Yeah, I wanted cat6 but with my budget it just wasn't an option. By the time I think I would realize the benefits of cat6 I don't think I'll be in this house anymore. And the way I'll run the cables with smurf tubing, it shouldn't be too hard to upgrade the cabling once I'm done.

For plenum this is a pretty good deal.

Back