Would this cooling setup work?

pArTy

Limp Gawd
Hello, I'm planning on building a system in the next few months. I plan on spending about $3,000 or even more. I want to build a water cooling setup that will cool the CPU and 2 Video cards and 2 hard drives. I was wondering if doing a radiatorless system using like a 5 gallon container and a water chiller to keep the temps about 1-3C. I've seen a setup here a long time ago that used a chiller plus water setup but I do not remember if it had a radiator or how it was configured. I know this can be done but would it kill the chiller and would it be able to keep the temps at 1-3C or lower?

I want to build a setup that can keep a low temp and cool the whole system(at least 1 cpu 2 video cards).

the system you are describing has indeed a heat exchanger inside the water chiller that cools the water. there are several setups, the most commonly used are the ones that use a "radiator" which is a heat exchanger that uses the air to cool the water, the main issues with that kind of setup is that u have to have a large radiating surface to have good performnace. the other setup is the one u describe, a water chiller that uses phase-change refrigeration to chill the water, so the answer is yes it is possible.

For it to work do you have to use a big res? Any pictures, articles that anyone knows of? I wanna do a setup like this and have been looking for pictures/articles and I cant find any. I've found some along time ago and cant run across them again.

Back