• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Would it be worth it if.....

Bigshot

Gawd
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
787
If I bought a X1900XTX for my rig or buy a lower end video card and upgrade elsewhere.

I have about a $1,000 to spend

Specs:
Asus A8N-Sli Deluxe
3500+ Whinchester
2gig (4x512) Corsair PC3200LL
74gig Raptor
X-Fi Fatal1ty Sound card
Plextor PX-716A
(????????????) Video card
Dell 2405
 
If it's 1000$ you have to spend on a gfx, what do you want? SLI or Single?

Conserve that cash and save up for the DX10 cards/sytem (new processors, motherboards ect).

so just get a nice 7800GT/GTX for now. (256 should do fine, 512MB versions are a wee bit better but you wont see that much of a diff. in gaming.)
 
ATI forum, why you suggest NV?

I think you should just get the X1900XT and OC but if you get the XTX that will just be insane!

 
I prefer Ati myself. If you do not have a GFX card now, grab yourself a x1800xl or 7800gt (both cost the same, just depends on your preference). Then I would save up cash and wait for the release of DX10 cards, trust me it would be worth it.
 
Back
Top