worried about FPS in CoD...

mtbaird

Gawd
i was playing the level with the bridge and the tanks come... thant one.

i run @ 1024x768 with 4xAA and 8xAF with most of the stuff pretty high in the CoD menu

Specs:

2.4C
Abit IS7-E
80gig WD 7200RPM HD
Soundblaster Audigy
2x512 Kingston Valueram 3-3-3-8
9800np

On that level im talking about, when im shooting and getting shot it drops to the low 40s from higher, and gets kinda choppy, maybe drops even lower. When i run across the bridge i go into the 30s constant.

Do these sound right, or wrong. Am i just worrying about somethign thats not there.

your eye candy settings are pretty high. Also, the processor could use a little more oomph, it may be the bottleneck on that 9800.

i would relax if i was u. those fps really arnt that bad. no offense but i think people really need to stop worrying about high fps if there game plays fine.. as for it being choppy..it happens sometimes but maybe try lowering a couple settings.. try turning the light maps to performance instead of quality, that helped a lot for me in COD. Good Luck o ya and u said u had a 9800np? never heard of the np...

aight ill try to turn some stuff to performance, im guessing in the ATI control panel...

and yah i have the non-pro, i havent seen it talked about it all, only mentioned by a couple of people. Its a 9800pro basicall but clocked @ 324mhz core and 290x2 mhz memory. Some can get it stable at pro speeds and flash to a pro bios, but i cant :(

RP_JAKE454 said:
i would relax if i was u. those fps really arnt that bad. no offense but i think people really need to stop worrying about high fps if there game plays fine.. as for it being choppy..it happens sometimes but maybe try lowering a couple settings.. try turning the light maps to performance instead of quality, that helped a lot for me in COD. Good Luck o ya and u said u had a 9800np? never heard of the np...

umm np = non pro :rolleyes: :D

Cod is a very good game too

i dont see light maps , the only 'map'i see is Mipmap, or somethign like that.

Back