World First Carbon Fiber Case

http://www.ultraproducts.com/st_content.php?id=1
I don't really see a point in having a carbon fiber case, but that distributed power thing looks amazing for cable management

The point is weight saving...but then again, we're talking about PC cases and not cares/bikes that need the strength of CF. Aluminum panels might even weigh less. This PC really should be titanium frame with carbon fiber panels...and also SFF :)

It's NOT light. It's quite heavy because the panels have to be so thick to maintain their large, ridgid shape.

the CF is only for looks and bragging rights. But I must admit that it does look very cool. Although I would probably be just as happy with the eXo frame and brushed black panels which would cost half as much and weigh half as much!!!

I like the look of it, I'm sure its going to be quite expensive but its on the short list of cases for my next system. Has anyone contacted Ultra to find out when this might actually be available for purchase?

I'm thinking probably never. They made it to show off and that's probably all we'll ever see of it.

its not that appealing imo.. i would expect a flush all one color case being carbonfiber..

Some comments are a bit harsh. This case isn't bad at all...I actually dig it BUT of course we don't know the price yet. It would surely change my mind ehe

eek how much does it weigh?

Carbon Fiber is VERY Light, why many high end tuner car's use carbon fiber parts. It cuts down on weight. Still this case i am sure will weight a decent amount, but nothing normal cases. My stacker weights a tun, thank god for wheels.

Carbon Fiber is VERY Light, why many high end tuner car's use carbon fiber parts. It cuts down on weight. Still this case i am sure will weight a decent amount, but nothing normal cases. My stacker weights a tun, thank god for wheels.

Carbon fiber is as lighter than aluminum but stronger than steel. The case has an aluminum frame so this case should be on par weight wise with most aluminum cases its size.

its not that appealing imo.. i would expect a flush all one color case being carbonfiber..

My thought was when I seen this case for the first time was how easy it would be to replace the stock panels with other materials such as Plexi or even Colored Carbon/Kevlar panels, the Blue ones would look really good on this case with blue LED fans.

the case is out, its called the eXo Aluminum case so its not CB anymore =p

http://www.ultraproducts.com/product_gallery.php?cPath=13&pPath=686&productID=686

Actually there is both versions out. Tiger Direct has both versions for sale, the CF version is $900, While the Aluminum version is $300-400 and comes in silver and black and mid and full towers. I dont know why the silver full tower is cheaper then the black mid tower.:confused:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...words=Ultra+eXo&searchbtn.x=30&searchbtn.y=11
They also have a few complete Pcs based on these cases.

I kinda like the front on the aluminum version better. the CF version uses a fan grill that is comonly available from a few mod shops, but the aluminum version has a fan grill like no other cases I have seen.

Hopefully once these cases are more available from more retailers the price will drop!

I like it. It looks pretty cool. The vents aren't too bothersome.

The power distribution thing would be kinda easy to fabricate, given the wire and parts.

I like it. It looks pretty cool. The vents aren't too bothersome.

The power distribution thing would be kinda easy to fabricate, given the wire and parts.

I was looking at it, and I didn't see anywhere in the specs or pics about any included wires so you can use the power bar.

I have an Ultra X3 PSU which is modular and if they dont have shorter cables for it then it would just be easier to not use it as you would still have a rats nest up top. but it would be east to make your own cables but I still think they should be included.

I was looking at it, and I didn't see anywhere in the specs or pics about any included wires so you can use the power bar.

I have an Ultra X3 PSU which is modular and if they dont have shorter cables for it then it would just be easier to not use it as you would still have a rats nest up top. but it would be east to make your own cables but I still think they should be included.

Yea, it would be a mess up top. Of course, I do see some of the [H]ard modders here making their own cables and their own power bar.

I'm sure that Ultra would have smaller cables. It wouldn't make sense to have a huge mess up top just to be clean down below.

Back