Work Unit Data detected as a virus

erehwon6811

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
493
I have avast on my computer and it detected wudata_06.chk as an infected file. Do you think it's actually infected or a false positive? I shut down F@H and moved the file to the chest. I'm thinking of moving it back and scanning it with another av scanner.
 
erehwon6811 said:
I have avast on my computer and it detected wudata_06.chk as an infected file. Do you think it's actually infected or a false positive? I shut down F@H and moved the file to the chest. I'm thinking of moving it back and scanning it with another av scanner.
Must be a false postive, try other an scanner to see if you get the same report. Please do share this with us and keep us up to date, thanks.

 
I think it was a false positive. I scanned it with ClanWin free antivirus and didn't get any hits.
 
happens on some scanners, been reported before.
 
It's a virus. F@H is an elaborate plan by Stanford to get the largest DDoS net in the world so they can take other university networks offline. Power hungry bastards.
 
tsuehpsyde said:
It's a virus. F@H is an elaborate plan by Stanford to get the largest DDoS net in the world so they can take other university networks offline. Power hungry bastards.


actually....

Stanford is a pet project of mine, with FAH as an off shoot all in order to make Moose look bad.
 
Anderu said:
Ouch! A little of that one came my way! :eek:




you try slinging this much shit and not hit a few bystandards...

just messing with ya all.
 
marty9876 said:
you try slinging this much shit and not hit a few bystandards...

just messing with ya all.

post mary03 syndrome...sad...sad....sad......

:p :p :p
 
The topic was about a virus and 4 out of the first 12 posts were by Marty. Coincidence? Doubtful. ;)
 
Same problem here, Avast alerted on a work unit progress file. I told it to back off, or Stanford would cancel it like a stamp. :D



 
Jon855 said:
Must be a false postive, try other an scanner to see if you get the same report. Please do share this with us and keep us up to date, thanks.

Yes. It is a false positive. More details can be found in the thread here.
 
Back
Top