• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Work machine isn't picking up QMD's :(

MustangWorld

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
97
The thing used to get them all the time. Come in this morning, and it was chomping on a gromacs :( Any reason for this?

I loved the 450ppd the QMD was giving me
 
Looks like I am having problems with that assignment server that I usually get QMDs from. I can connect to it (171.65.103.156), but it is giving me a 503 error. The client kept trying, and then quit and got a gromacs from a different server.

Oh well, a unit is a unit. Better than idle.
 
Due to issues discussed yesterday and the erroneous assignment of QMD's to boxen other than P4's, Stanford has instituted some fixes that are changing how QMD's are assigned. Relevant thread is here: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=958478, and there are links to the folding-community.org forums where this has been discussed further. Official word from Stanford is that QMD's might be hard to come by as they are making the changes.

 
I just hope i can get QMD's again eventually. I liked the 450ppd that the work machine was pumping out.
 
It sounds like it's only going to take a few days to get the fix instituted, so I can't imagine that it'll be that long before they're back in force. :D

 
Rockaholic said:
Why would they olny give them to P4's? :)

The core (core 96) that the QMD units have been compiled on, is Intel specific in regards to the SSE3 instructions. They've not yet recieved a method for compiling SSE3 instructions for these units on AMD processors.


 
p[H]ant0m said:
The core (core 96) that the QMD units have been compiled on, is Intel specific in regards to the SSE3 instructions. They've not yet recieved a method for compiling SSE3 instructions for these units on AMD processors.




I sure feel special then....(my mommy said I was special!)
reason im special...;)

 
Back
Top