Won't turn on...

dante2010

n00b
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
43
Hi,

I'm having problems adding new hardware to my system. I'm trying to add a DVD-ROM drive, Hard drive (120gig 7200RPM IDE) and one of those creative labs front faceplates (with all the audio connectors on it).

I'm running an Antec NeoPower 480. When I connect these devices I am no longer able to turn my system on. It will show the power light for a fraction of a second and then power down. I've tried trial and error and even just plugging in what I assume would draw the least amount of power (the creative faceplate) still causes this problem.

I currently have the following in my system:

Asus A8N SLI Premium
64 3500+
DVD-RW Drive
250 Gig WD 7200 SATA
Gigabyte 7800GT
Soundblaster Live 5.1
2 120mm case fans

Does it look like I'm using too much power with the hardware I wish to add? Is there a way to tell how much power I'm using currently?
 
Well yeah.. It's a good bet I'm doing something wrong.

So I have it working now with the hard drive only. Not sure if it had to do with the fact that I added another molex connector line to the empty jack on the PSU. I took that out and rejigged things so I could get connectors reaching where I need them.

So that works.. now I'll try to get the faceplate powered up.
 
.. and none of them are new parts. All 3 come from an older system that I was using this afternoon. All parts were functioning then.
 
Back
Top