Withdrawing via check from Paypal

lowteckh

Supreme [H]ardness
OKOK, I have searched and searched but cannot find an answer to them (and most of the "answers" are related to countries half a world away). The account I am contemplating using to receive is a Canadian account with only a Credit Card attached (will not ever link a bank account to them again).

#1. I have read that you can receive and withdraw money by check (with limits) even with just a CC and "unverified" but when I look for the option to "Withdraw", I only see the option to xfer to a bank account. There is no money in the PP account so my best guess is that the "Withdraw by check" option will come up when money is put in. However I do not want to be a guinea pig and find out I am forced to link a bank account to take money out.

#2. This applies if the above requirements are satisfied (that I can withdraw with an unverified PP Canadian account [USA and CAN are BFF right... ;)] and withdraw by check). If a USA buyer sends me money, I assume they will use their internal skewed exchange rate and money in the PP will appear as CAD funds (CAD set as default)?

Paypal does provide an option to send funds in your account to you via check, but they do charge an additional fee to do so. Regarding currency exchange, I would recommend contacting paypal directly if you have questions about how it works.

It's an option in your profile. You can either maintain balances in multiple currencies with no exchange, or you can accept the exchange rate paypal uses and have it all go into your native coinage.

Alright thanks.. but I'm still unsure of the check part. Here's what I'm seeing in the account
pprp5.jpg

pp2bb4.jpg

Is it because I have $0.00 in it that the check option is gone? Super paranoid..

Looking further into this, it appears this option isn't available in Canada.

If you compare the two User Agreements:

Paypal CA said:
6.1 How to Withdraw Money. You may withdraw funds by electronically transferring them to your bank account or using your PayPal Debit Card (eligible Users only).

Paypal US said:
6.1 How to Withdraw Money. You may withdraw funds by electronically transferring them to your bank account, requesting a physical check through the mail (U.S. Users only), or using your PayPal Debit Card (eligible Users only). Generally, we will send checks only to Confirmed Addresses, unless you have a Verified Account. We will not send checks to P.O. Boxes. If you would like us to send a check to an address that does not meet these criteria, you must contact Customer Service and provide the documentation that we request to verify your association with the address. If you fail to cash a check within 180 Days of the date of issuance, we will return the funds to your Balance (minus a Fee).

Damn paypal just wants your bank account info don't they. The devil's mistress! Alright well shit, ruins another plan of mine.. back to the drawing board. Thanks VA for doing my HW.

OKOK, I have searched and searched but cannot find an answer to them (and most of the "answers" are related to countries half a world away). The account I am contemplating using to receive is a Canadian account with only a Credit Card attached (will not ever link a bank account to them again).

i know this is ot but would you mind telling me why you wouldnt link a bank account? i have had paypal linked to a checking account for 5 or 6 years with no probs (yet). is there something i should know about?

i know this is ot but would you mind telling me why you wouldnt link a bank account? i have had paypal linked to a checking account for 5 or 6 years with no probs (yet). is there something i should know about?

I am not sure but I think if there is a dispute and you loose then paypal will reverse whatever funds were added to your linked account. I have never had any problems in over 1500 transactions but I have probably been a little lucky.

I am not sure but I think if there is a dispute and you loose then paypal will reverse whatever funds were added to your linked account. I have never had any problems in over 1500 transactions but I have probably been a little lucky.

This was changed about 2 year ago now. They no longer go after bank accounts for disputed funds, they simply put you in the negative and send you to collections

This was changed about 2 year ago now. They no longer go after bank accounts for disputed funds, they simply put you in the negative and send you to collections

Good to know that. Sorry for the misinformed info then. Like I said , I haven't had a problem yet and hopefully I won't but I don't sell high risk stuff like tech or media either. Most people won't complain too much about Disney stuff.

Back