• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wiremod + barton + a7n8x

kronchev

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Feb 23, 2001
Messages
12,051
yes I know, ive done the wire trick many a times but never with this board and I just plain forget since I havent messed with it for a while, at least on a board that allowed multi adjustment. basically if I pop this to say 12.5 with the wiremod, will I be able to set any multi in the BIOS? Doesnt really matter to me since Ill at the very least be 12.5x166 = 2075, more like 12.5x200=2500 (praying for < 1.85 :D), but the main point is, can I adjust the multis with it tricked or will I have to swap it if for some reason I want to make em lower? in that same vein of thinking of i wanted >13.0x, assuming that wiremodded = unlocked, I'd just have to pop it to anything >=13.0x and itd be fine, correct?

stupid noob question I know but damn if I dont remember :(
 
hm, i believe you shouldn't have a problem adjusting the multi's with it tricked. the wire should only adjust the default FSB, nothing to do with the multipliers, unless that's the trick your after. did my thread spark this idea? haha.

flip
 
Originally posted by fLiPaChu
hm, i believe you shouldn't have a problem adjusting the multi's with it tricked. the wire should only adjust the default FSB, nothing to do with the multipliers, unless that's the trick your after. did my thread spark this idea? haha.

flip

nope, im talking wiretrick, the thing that overrides the multi that the proc passes to the board.

see: http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

i did it a lot with my old dually board that didnt allow any multi adjustments, thats why I dont know the answer...
 
alright wtf mates

i did the wire trick and it wont fucking recognize it :(
 
Back
Top