Wireless Manager

raksasas

Limp Gawd
Which Wireless manager do you use?

I am asking this because i am having to manage so many diffrent systems with different WiFi NIC's. D-Link, Buffalo, Trendnet, Intel, Atheros, Netgear, Linksys, etc. All of these have their own wireless manager so that is why I am asking. Plus the Windows Manager.

Thirded for the built-in one. I haven't used a third party wireless manager since the Me/2000 days and today I think they're all redundant pieces of software taking up space.

I agree with the Windows one also.
Soooooo much easier when trouble-shooting with users, not having to hunt down the instruction booklet on the adapter, just to see what the screens look like, and all that good stuff.

The Windows one works fine. On all our Dell laptops we get, I always disable the Intel/Dell wireless manager services, and keep them from starting up at bootup.

yeah, definitely the built in one.. the only time it causes problems is when someone connects to "linksys" and their computer hops between a few different routers all the time. but then i just rename their ssid and delete the linksys entry.

Back