Wireless for college apartment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milenko

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright guys, this is simple. I know there are 20 of these threads a day, I just don't want to miss anything.

I'm moving into an apartment/condo type deal with 3 other guys. There are two floors, and the place has a total of 3 bedrooms, and one massive living room.

I want wireless G speeds. That is the first step. Pre-N isn't an option, because most of our computers already have wireless cards or NIC's in them.

3 laptops will be used wirelessly, 2 desktops will be wired, and an xbox or two.

I have a WRT54G at home, and love it, but this netgear router looks pretty good too, and for much less $$ right now.

What should I do?

Go with whatever meets your budget. If you're set on the netgear, get the netgear. If you're set on the Linksys, get your roommates to chip in on the cost. The Netgear may not have all the features or custom firmware potential of the Linksys, but both are reputable brands and should work fine for your situation. If one happens not to work, take it back and get the other.

I figured I'd go with the Linksys, for a few reasons, 1. because I have one at home and am very familiar with it and 2., because of the hacked firmwares that they have for them.

Thanks for your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back