wireless dial up troubles... please help

Carver1

Weaksauce
I am completely lost on this. I have searched th forum, google, anywhere else I can think of, and can't get my wireless connection to work.
I have my desktop connected to the phone line, through the modem. Then I connected the wireless 4 port router using an RJ45 cable between the NIC on teh desktop, and Port 1 on teh router.
My laptop is then connected using a PCMCIA card that came with the router. After install, the laptop shows that it is connected, but nothing transfers. The desktop also shows connected, and works normally.
I can't get the settings right, or don't know what the settings should be. I have tried to set the IP address the same on both, but get a conflict error.
Can anyone lead me in teh right direction? Or lead me through it if you have a similar set u?

All the sites I found are for setting up a cable modem. I can't find anything specifically for dial up.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks!

You need some proxy software to share your dial-up. I suggest Proxy+ as it can be installed as a service and you never have to worry about it again.

Before installing give the desktop a static IP below the range of the DHCP scop, I use .50. You will then need to enter this address into the proxy settings of your browser and other apps on the laptop.

Sure no problem. Always trying to help out us less fortunate that are still stuck on dial-up.

Did you understand everthing? Any more questions?

Back