Wireless connection rising up in number?

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
Well my "Wirelss Connection Netowrk is rising in number. It is called Wireless Network Connection 15 now. What is up wtih that? Is it bad?

Search the resigry for "Wireless Network Connection." You'll find a place in the registry that contains the frendly names of the connections. If you delete that key and reboot, it will reset the names. You may find it in a few places, just delete them all.

jimnms said:
Search the resigry for "Wireless Network Connection." You'll find a place in the registry that contains the frendly names of the connections. If you delete that key and reboot, it will reset the names. You may find it in a few places, just delete them all.

Manually search through the registry? I can't find it...

The Windwos search doesn't search registry also does it?

Start, Run, type regedit. Hit F3, and search. If you're not comfortable editing the registry, and it doesn't bother you (like it does me), just rename the connection. Right click on it, select rename and call it My Wireless Network or something.

jimnms said:
Start, Run, type regedit. Hit F3, and search. If you're not comfortable editing the registry, and it doesn't bother you (like it does me), just rename the connection. Right click on it, select rename and call it My Wireless Network or something.

I think I will just rename it...Thanks for the suggestion...I could rename it though a regular right-click, rename right? Or do I need to rename it in the registry?

Back