Wireless Connection Client Software?

SuperG

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. I was wondering, if my wireless device does not provide any software to connect to available wireless networks, do I have to use windows wireless utility? I was hoping to find a third party software that could do that. Does that exist? Any help is greatly appreciated.

SuperG

I actually prefer the windows wireless zero configuration. Usually manufacturers have their own utilities for their wireless cards. Search on google. Also if you use more than one network. And some are dynamic and some are static download NetSetMan. It'll let you change your net settings on the fly easily.

ne1wantaride said:
I actually prefer the windows wireless zero configuration. Usually manufacturers have their own utilities for their wireless cards. Search on google. Also if you use more than one network. And some are dynamic and some are static download NetSetMan. It'll let you change your net settings on the fly easily.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I am having some issues with the Windows zero config util. Also unfortunately, AFAIK Dlink (the wireless adapter I have), does NOT have their own utility. And thanks for the NetSetMan info, it won't help in my case, but it seems very useful in general.

If anyone else has any ideas please post.

Thanks

SuperG

Odyssey client. I was having trouble with my Linksys router and the Windows Zero Configuration so I tried this. No problems since. They have a demo and $50 for the full version.

What's the issue with the built-in config? If that doesn't work, than it's most likely a misconfiguration issue. My advice, also would be to dump the D-Link crap and get something better. There used to be a D-Link employee on here telling everyone to buy other brands. If the adapter didn't come with a utility, then D-Link is telling you it should work with the built in utility.

i have been wondering as well, i connect to a lot of WAPs during the day and need a better config utility for my laptop.

Too bad the Intel Proset app doesn't work with other Wireless NICs. I use that on my Centrino laptop, and it works great going across several wireless networks.

Back