Wireless audio from PC to Stereo?

MaoKhan

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
109
Right now I'm running an HTPC but the TV and stereo system is so out of the way that it makes the system inefficient and rarely used. Ideally I would like to stream digital audio wireless over the wireless network to the audio system. I've read about products like this http://www.sondigo.com/sirocco/overview and am just a little worried/skeptical from never having experience with them.

oh I should probably add that the computer is using Vista so I'm also worried about driver support :eek:
 
Right now I'm running an HTPC but the TV and stereo system is so out of the way that it makes the system inefficient and rarely used. Ideally I would like to stream digital audio wireless over the wireless network to the audio system. I've read about products like this http://www.sondigo.com/sirocco/overview and am just a little worried/skeptical from never having experience with them.

oh I should probably add that the computer is using Vista so I'm also worried about driver support

Airport/Airport express supports this with itunes. Obviously its not a great solution if you don't use itunes, however in my experience it works well.
 
Well regardless of what you go with, i.e., a squeezebox, you are at the mercy of your wireless router quality. Some of them don't play well with network devices (basically anything named Linksys lol..)
 
I use a squeezebox but that is solely for music from a library AFAIK.

However, i believe some routers have a built in media streaming features that should suit, sorry i do not know the brand.
 
Back
Top