Winzip/Winace/Winrar allow you to queue up files to compress?

I'm just curious if any of these programs allow you to queue up files for compression? Thanks.

Sgt_Strider said:
I'm just curious if any of these programs allow
you to queue up files for compression? Thanks.

:rolleyes: If you're referring to selecting several files then compressing
them into one file, then yes.. :)

Winzip & Winrar compress, as for Winace I dont know..

3WAYsplit said:
:rolleyes: If you're referring to selecting several files then compressing
them into one file, then yes.. :)

Winzip & Winrar compress, as for Winace I dont know..

No that's not what I mean. For example, I want one file to compress and then after that is done, the second file is compressed, and etc. I don't think Winrar can do that since I tried it many times w/o success.

Sgt_Strider said:
No that's not what I mean. For example, I want one file to compress and then after that is done, the second file is compressed, and etc. I don't think Winrar can do that since I tried it many times w/o success.

So you want to compress multiple files "one at a time"..

ex. File 1 is xxxxx compressed it is now xxx
File 2 is xxx compresses its now xx

You can do that... Right click on the file, select "add to archive"...

I think the OP means that he wants to queue up files(or groups of files) to be compressed so that when one finishes, the next in the list automatically starts...

xmetal2001 said:
I think the OP means that he wants to queue up files(or groups of files) to be compressed so that when one finishes, the next in the list automatically starts...

Yes, that is exactly what I'm asking for.

xmetal2001 said:

Sgt_Strider said:
Yes, that is exactly what I'm asking for.

Oh you're looking for a "domino" type of file compression.. :)

Ive been using the "unreg" version of Winrar, and it doesnt do it. The reg'd version
might tho.. :confused:

Back