WinXP Display Settings

Escher

Limp Gawd
I'm having a bit of trouble with a WinXP box and the modification of video card settings. Until I recently upgraded drivers for the card (ATI x800xt PE), any time I modified the settings, WinXP would ask if I wanted to apply the settings now. Click yes, and settings are applied and then you're asked if you want to keep the changes.

Now, unfortunately, I'm asked to reboot the machine every time I change anything: Resolution, bit depth, etc. Unless I use ATI's .NET based control panel, I'm no longer prompted to apply settings.

Is there a registry setting that's gotten flipped off? I seem to recall back in the Win95/98 days that there was a registry setting that controlled whether you could apply settings without a reboot.

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I've tried backing down to earlier drivers, swapping the video card for another (nVidia GF3), and nothing seems to get the OS operating back like it should. I even googled for an answer to no avail.

Thanks!

In display properties, advanced options, general tab, check the option where says "apply settings without reboot" or something like that..my windows is not in english if you can read spanish i can post a screenshot :D

oldmx

Damn, I can't believe I didn't see that freaking option.

Thanks OldMX, this has been annoying the hell out of me for way too long.

Back