WinMo 6.1 OTA Sync

J4M3S0N79

Gawd
Greetings:
I work in a fairly flexible company who will let you get your own devices (blackberry, iphone, winmo, etc) and then set them up for email and such. Currently I use a blackberry curve from ATT though it is set-up in a very strange way:

1) My work sets up my mailbox to auto forward a copy of incoming mail to [email protected].
2) I set up my Blackberry account to replace the reply to email address to [email protected]. That way, my work email box is kept in the loop on all chains of email.

Essentially, there is no B-Enterprise-Server setup at all.

Well, I am eyeing one of the HTC touch pro devices from ATT or Sprint and I called my sys admin to see if WinMo integration was as easy as I had hoped. Here is where we ran into problems. It turns out that our exchange server is not publicly facing and the OWA server is the only way into exchange from the cloud.

We do allow VPN acces, so my thought was this. Can I set up the phone so that I can VPN into the network from a mobile device and sync outlook that way?

The exchange server is 2003. Part of what I want to get is calendar and contact support.

Thanks,

J

Yes, this can be done. We don't use Exchange, but we have an internal email server (mdaemon) that's accessed via VPN for users with WM phones.

Back