Windows XP VPN + EMIII = Fun!

Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
631
I just discovered the joys of EMIII last night when I got my Foldix box running. Now I've got it monitoring the three computers at my apartment. However, I only live a mile from my parents and their old Dell is folding. Since I already had VNC running I figured why not EMIII through VPN? I found this handy little Windows XP VPN guide http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server.htm and forewarded the necessary ports on my parents router through VNC and bam! Instant EMIII monitoring action. Now I can view all their comps and print too. :D



Ok maybe its not really that impressive but its by far the oddist network thing I've done in a while. :rolleyes:

 
Nice job on setting up the remote connection.
I've been asked more times than I care to remember if EM could do this and the answer has always been "Yes" :)

Glad to see it in action and glad you're having fun . :D

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the [H]ard Folding Team!
Fold On! :cool:

Larry
 
congrats on getting that setup :) and the fact that you got your parents system borgged too :)
 
Back
Top