Windows Vista ReadyBoost Q&A at MSDN

That's good information there.

I am interested in using readyboost as an alternative to Intel's Robson technology to speed up the boot time.

Robson tech. is suppose to increase boot time up to 50%, and the seagate hybrid harddrive can increase the boot time by 20%. Curious to know what the readyboost can do with really fast usb memory.

WickedWeasel said:
That's good information there.

I am interested in using readyboost as an alternative to Intel's Robson technology to speed up the boot time.

Robson tech. is suppose to increase boot time up to 50%, and the seagate hybrid harddrive can increase the boot time by 20%. Curious to know what the readyboost can do with really fast usb memory.
lol, I like your name. Have you visited www.wickedweasel.com? Anyway, I don't think ReadyBoost will do anything for your boot up times. It acts as a cache for the page file. I believe ReadyDrive is the technology that requires a hybrid disk that will improve bootup times.

I read the article, and tried out my newer USB drive, but never got the option the picture showed when he put his in to use the device to speed up the machine.

The technology sounds useful though, but only time will tell.

Thanks for the info. It is nice to see them talk about the technologies and how they plan to expand / implent future revisions.

KevinO said:
Thanks for the info. It is nice to see them talk about the technologies and how they plan to expand / implent future revisions.
The folks at Microsoft are pretty down to earth if theirs blogs are anything to go by. You can find tons of cool information from the developers on MSDN. You can also check out Channel9 at http://channel9.msdn.com/

Back