Windows Vista Beta 1 on MSDN

KungFuJoe

Weaksauce
Just thought I'd share that Windows Vista Beta 1 is now on MSDN for all of you MSDN subscribers. I'm downloading it right now :D

If I have a MSDN Academic Alliance account do you think I can get Windows Vista?

I'm thinking no...as it's my school that decides what I have access to (and they do give us access to just about everything).

Well what the hell... it's not avaiable through my school's section.

Tetrahedron said:
MSDNAA does have it, that is what I use and I have it, posting on Vista now

Yep, downloading from UMass' MSDN-AA right now.

Shinji said:
Man...why can't CWRU MSDNAA have it?

talk with your MSDNAA representative (or who ever works on that) and get them to release it you, they probably havent updated there distributed ISO

Hrmm, I got VB6 retail about 4 years ago and I remember there being some MSDN disk with it. Any chances I'm elgible to get Vista if I dig this up? Or is it just under the same name and my old VB6 with MSDN copy useless?

Tetrahedron said:
talk with your MSDNAA representative (or who ever works on that) and get them to release it you, they probably havent updated there distributed ISO

Actually I did email my representative already...just waiting for a response. If i don't hear from him by monday I'll call him.

Oh well:

We usually do not offer beta software through the MSDNAA site. While it may be offered as part of the subscription, we wait until the release before posting it. If this is something you require, I think we can work something out. At this point, I have not even seen it in the listed MSDNAA software yet.

Back