Windows telling the Administrator he's not an administrator?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Running Windows XP Pro.

I'm trying to install a piece of software, and every time it gets to a certain point it tells me it cannot modify system files and I need to log in as an Administrator. Problem is, I've run this from a user who is an Administrator, and well as the Administrator account itself. Both get the same error message.

I've never gotten this before, and the only recent change is unjoining the machine from a domain and joining it to a workgroup. All the accounts are local-side accounts though, so surely there's no conflict with the old domain's security policies...

The program is having issues writing a file and is assuming it is due to a lack of rights.

The first thing I would do is make sure your anti-virus software isn't blocking the write.

I'm having this same problem and I searched through the forums to no avail. Does anyone know what causes this or how to fix it without reinstalling a fresh OS? I'm also in XP Pro and the problem just randomly started. All I've changed recently is updating my nForce drivers to 6.86.

I'm having this problem on both my accout (which is an admin account) and the actual Admin account.

Back