"Windows Sockets registery entries required for network connectivity are missing."

peppergomez

2[H]4U
Once or twice a day, I'm losing a connection to the internet. I am using a NetGear Wireless N-300 USB Router and Windows 10 as my OS.

The issues that I am seeing are:

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer - Not fixed.

Restore network protocols to default settings - Completed.

Windows Sockets registery entries required for network connectivity are missing."

Attempting to fix using admin privileges usually doesn't work, and I must reboot to regain connectivity.

Any ideas why this has begun occurring, and what I can do to solve it? The modem is too far away so use an ethernet cable.

Thanks.

Let me guess, you ran some scripts that promised to stop WIn10 spying you? :D

I don't think so, why, do these typically F connectivity up? My days of tinkering under the hood are over, I just run apps and expect them to work (I should probably buy a Mac, in that case).

I don't think so, why, do these typically F connectivity up? My days of tinkering under the hood are over, I just run apps and expect them to work (I should probably buy a Mac, in that case).

Well those disable a number of services and close ports so any unexpected behaviour is possible.

Back