Windows Sleep Question

shadowsz14

Weaksauce
I'm running a 1.86 Ghz Core 2 Duo with Windows Vista Ultimate x64. The problem here is when I try to turn it on after I previously put it to sleep. The last three times I started it up, it turns off the computer completely when I log in. I have also been getting frequent blue screens. I told the blue screen to pause, but it dumps and then restarts without pausing. I'm not sure how to go on from here

I appreciate the help.

I've had sleep problems in the past, and all were solved by updating to the latest video drivers from ATI

Go to Administrative Tools, and select System Configuration and disable Startup programs, restart, and try to sleep. You can try to determine if a program is causing the problem. If that doesn't work, try disabling some of your hardware to see if their drivers are causing it. I've just been through a bout of freezes and blue screens. The last freezing I had was due to a flaky driver for my NDAS drive. I resolved it by reinstalling a previous driver that worked properly.

I had issues w/ wifes computer & sleep. it would come out, but then nothing to display. Only way to fix was hard reboot. I reformatted, updated bios, all drivers etc. Finally took out the ati card & put in a nvidia & things worked perfectly. This was back in July w/ the then latest ati drivers.

I had that issue too with my ATI card. I went into bios and selected Repost Video on S3 Resume and that resolved it.

Back