Windows shareing help

adan

Gawd
Im In charge of a 4 computer network at work. All running windows xp. One of them has a external hard drive and printer hooked up to it, I am sharing. I have administrator rights on all the computers, my co workers just use a non admin acount. I can login and see the share drive and printer, when on the admin acount, but when i am not on the admistrator acounts none of the computers even give me a spot to login into the share computer to get acess to it.

I get the error Computer is not accesbailbe. You might not have permissions to use this network resource. Contact the admisitrator of the server to find out if you have acess permission.

Logon faiure,: user account restraction, Possible reasons are blank passwords not allowed, logon hour restrctions, or a policy resctrction has been enforced

Any one have any clue, how i can set it so the users can acess the network drive?

what kind of network setup is this? Sounds like the computers are setup in workgroup, and not a domain, correct?

do the users have the same username and password on all the computers?

what are the NTFS perms set on the shared folders, and what are the Share perms set on said shared folders?

Yes setup on a workgroup.

There is one usename on all the computers. it is user and has no password.

The share drive, is set for maxium users to share, and evryone has permissions, the big thing is getting all the computers to be able to log into the share drive on the one computer

Back