• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows Server Dropped Local Disk Mount Point

lord_farfig

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
1,410
Hi all, I've recently encountered an odd issue where a Server 2008 R2 VM dropped the mount point of a local disk. (It's actually an attached VHD through Hyper-V, but Disk Manager sees it as local disk.)

I have attempted searching the Google, but I have not found any similar issues around the 'net.

Can anyone else confirm if they have experienced this or a similar issue? I have several other servers and VM's with local disks mounted to NTFS folders, and these have all been fine.

I can provide additional information if needed, but I'm at a loss as to what happened. Nothing was flagged in the Event Viewer relating to the disks. I was able to remount the disk to the NTFS path and all the files were available again.

Any help will be appreciated!


-Eric
 
Back
Top