Windows Networking... login as?

theTIK

Gawd
My roomate set up an extra account to login to his windows shared folders so I can have more permissions on our lan then the guest account has. However, i've been using his guest account and it is passworded, I saved the password, so the username prompt never comes up, it just logs me in in the guest account without asking. Is there a way to like "login as" like you can with ftp for example. I just need the login screen to come up when accessing his computer one time so I change the account and save that password. It works if he changes the password for his guest account, then i reboot, or log on and off, then the login screen comes up and I can login with the other account. I just wanted to know if there is an easier of doing that. Other people are going to have to do this in the future and he doesn't want to change his guest account password all the time, and i'm going to be setting up an account like this as well. Anyone know an easy way to do this?

So you are basically trying to clear the windows password cache that it keeps for network drives, right? If that's the case then you have a good question but one I can't help you with. I usually use mapped network drives which does let you specifiy credentials at the time of mapping. Are you using mapped drives by chance?

Originally posted by aug1516
So you are basically trying to clear the windows password cache that it keeps for network drives, right? If that's the case then you have a good question but one I can't help you with. I usually use mapped network drives which does let you specifiy credentials at the time of mapping. Are you using mapped drives by chance?

Ya basically, I am mapping the drives, but for some reason if I click the log on with different ID link when making it, it doesn't work. Anyone know a quick way of clearing that cache? Seems like it should be something that should be there.

Back