windows mobile 6 help

Rx_cigerette

Limp Gawd
so basicly im seeing a lot of stuff about customs roms and flashings roms i was just wondering what all this was and is it anything that will increase the performance on my phone and if it is beneficial how do i do it.

Basically people create ROMs if they desire specific settings in the registry and for popular programs to be preinstalled. Some come with performance increases and some eliminate carrier bloatware to free up storage space.

I use a custom ROM (juggalo for touch pro) because it installs most of the software I use for me, deleted some sprint crap, had a slightly different touchflo look, and some other things. Now when my phone takes a crap on me or becomes corrupted, I just load up the juggalo rom again and theres no need to manually install programs and tweak settings. I dont have to mess with the registry (although i still do:D). Also this ROM allows me to use my phone as a modem. That's not standard on the sprint ROM.

I think its worth it to take a look at different ROMs and see what they offer. Try a couple out and find one that fits. It can seem complicated but its not that bad.

Definitely check out http://www.xda-developers.com/ like stated above and also check http://www.ppcgeeks.com/

my phone might be bricked it wont go past the verizon black logo screen and its unresponsive to all buttons is there anything i can do about this or should i start looking for a phone?

got it trying to do a hard reset now to correct rom.
and i'm retarded couldn't figure out where my reset button was

alright i did a hard reset and fiddled around with it but still wont get past the black verizon screen

i figured out that problem and a new on came up my phone will run for a few seconds then reboot unless connected to a computer its a bit if an annoyance and i cant figure it out or find any information tat is actually helpful.

Did you follow the exact directions posted? AND you did use the Vogue Subforum right? Not the Elf? Elf Roms are for GSM ONLY

no i used vogue followed everything correctly now im stuck in a soft reset loop everytime my phone is disconnected from a computer

ive flashed it like 3 or 4 times done an incredible amount of hard resets its just giving me a hard time

OK, well i dont know about flashing CDMA phones, but i have a htc tytn 2, and after many flashes, one thing i know, is you must have hardspl installed, but it might be different for CDMA phones, for gsm phones, if you dont have hardspl, you are screwed.

You'd get far more answers on the ppcgeeks forums in all honesty, and the simple fact that you posted you "forgot to install radio" tells me you are probably moving too fast and not doing enough reading. I'd make a thread over there, list exactly what you have done and in what order, and look for more answers while waiting on people to answer you.

so i downgraded the unlocker and then re flashed the rom and now my device is working perfectly and its looking quite sleek.
sshot001.jpg

sshot002.jpg

sshot003.jpg

Very nice, enjoy your new phone. In fact enjoy it new ever other week or so by trying different ROMs and making it exactly the way you want it. :D

lol yeah now when i get a touch pro (my upgrade is in june) ill know exactly what to do.

You may want to look at maybe getting a Touch Pro 2 or Diamond 2. Ive also heard some rumours that the Touch HD(best of them all) may be coming to sprint in Q3(fall). :eek:

Itll only come by importers, but why have a device that high tech if it doesnt have 3g? that defeats the purpose of owning one, imo

Great job on your first flash... i have a HTC Wizard and i love that thing... i got it with 6.1 with similar touchflo technology as the new Sprint ones.. very nice setup... altho i have never Unlocked it or hardSPL'ed it always used ShellTool and it worked like a charm :)

but congrats to u on that upgrade :)

Because, just because its shipped as 2G doesnt mean our friendly Rom cookers wont get a chance to make it 3G. ;)

Not even rom cookers can make it 3g.....the wireless chip inside of the touch hd is hardwired for European frequency's only, rom cookers do software, they cant do hardware.

Back