Windows media player Sucks

volvo9

n00b
I hate windows media player, it is the biggest piece of 1/2 assed crap I have ever used. I have a collection of .wmv and .mpg car videos on my computer and they only work 1/2 of the time I want to play them. I can click on one and it will only play the sounds, and then i can close media player and try to play the video again and it will work. It's usually the other way around though and some videos only work sometimes. Is there anything else I can use to play .wmv and .mpg files instead of this lame excuse for a program?

THANKS!

make sure you have good codecs before you blaim media player, and uh, see if they work in winamp before you blaim the program, or i use BS-player for other stuff

Winamp 2.91 works great. I like the library feature. It is sort of like the one in Media Player, so you will learn how to use it immediately.

Well, it might not be the program like Bananadog says, but change is always good anyways.

BSPlayer and Media Player Classic are my favorites.

Winamp 5.03 works for me fine with the MMD3 skin. It is the best skin for any application I have ever used so far. The program is also solid. WMP9 has always run well for me as long as I have the codecs installed. It is just more convenient to run Winamp, though because MMD3 minimized still allows access to most Winamp features whereas WMP9 minimized is very limited.

Back