WIndows MCE 2005... What should I know before Install?

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I immagine its just like any other windows... but I am going to use this as my main OS... anything i should know or any advice? Any Must have Drivers/ Programs? etc?

Thanks

i run mce2005 on a similar setup as you except i have an mce500 tuner. because of the dual proc you either should download the mce2005 rollup 2 which is available as a torrent or from ms if you are an oem partner. rollup 2 supports dual procs, without it you will need to set the affinity to single proc or you will get jerky tv playback. use the regular forceware drivers as the mce ones dont support the 7800 right now. this site has a lot of good info and tips.

I was really disappointed when I found out that it can't join a domain. Well, it can, but not without a registry hack.

rhexis said:
i run mce2005 on a similar setup as you except i have an mce500 tuner. because of the dual proc you either should download the mce2005 rollup 2 which is available as a torrent or from ms if you are an oem partner. rollup 2 supports dual procs, without it you will need to set the affinity to single proc or you will get jerky tv playback. use the regular forceware drivers as the mce ones dont support the 7800 right now. this site has a lot of good info and tips.

I think rollup 2 will be out on Windows Update the middle of next month too.

Back