Windows Login Question

revan

Limp Gawd
i just re-installed WinXP Pro and updated everything and now I have to go through a Start Up screen and select my username upon start up. I know this was not present or enabled by default before the updates and it is quite annoying since my computer is my alarm clock and there is only the one user on the system. How do I get rid of this?

Go to control panel and go to advanced view if you aren't already using it. Once there select users and passwords, there should be a box that says something like users must enter username and passwords to use windows.

Uncheck the box and follow any prompts.

Allright, that got rid off the Windows Welcome screen, but I want to get rid of the login prompt as well. Having the compter wait for me to input anything kinda precludes it from waking me up in the first place.

I know TweakUI can allow auto-login, but I'm not sure about a native Windows solution.

yea ive actually been wondering this for a while...thats bullshit that it makes us click on the username even if there is only 1 user and no password.

lomn75 said:
I know TweakUI can allow auto-login, but I'm not sure about a native Windows solution.
there are a set of reg entries that does it...though I don't have access to them right now

Back