windows dvd maker and widescreen

nbovk951

Limp Gawd
So, since the windows dvd maker is easy to use. I figured I'd use it to burn some of my movies that I have downloaded. Only thing is that if the movie is widescreen it wont burn right to dvd. it will just stretch it vertically and make everything "skinny". changing the aspect ratio doesnt seem to change anything.
what else can I do?

So, since the windows dvd maker is easy to use. I figured I'd use it to burn some of my movies that I have downloaded. Only thing is that if the movie is widescreen it wont burn right to dvd. it will just stretch it vertically and make everything "skinny". changing the aspect ratio doesnt seem to change anything.
what else can I do?

I'm going to assume that your talking about movies that you created/own or have permission to download...

You are probably the first person I've ever heard talk about Windows DVD Maker. The only time I've ever used it is when I didn't have another option available (wasn't my computer), and the program does some pretty nice things, but it is slow as hell.

There is an option to set 16:9 or 4:3 ratios in the "options..." link at the bottom right of the screen where you add material to your dvd project.

All and all there are much better tools for this job.

Back