Windows Classic Style or XP Style?

Classic, XP or Combo Style!

• Total voters

Sean

[H] for Life
Simple question. For the users that are running Windows XP do your run it Classic Style 'ala Windows 2000' or do you run it full eye candy and have all the XP style windows, and buttons?

Me Windows classic

Also post your start menu preferences (Classic, or XP Standard?)

Classic everything. I find that the shiny stuff has a significant impact on performance. Even though my machine can handle it, I'd still rather have the classic look. The shiny stuff also has a cartoonish look to me.

I like "shiny" windows. I never could get used to the new XP start menu though.

I could handle the new skin & even the start menu if the rest of the OS didn't default to treating you like an idiot; it's not so bad if it's on one system but when you're administering a lot of systems and you have to disable Fisher Price mode every day, it starts to grate on you.

I adapted to the XP start menu and work quicker with it now. And though I like some of the themes I could use with StyleXP and stuff, I eventually just settled on the classic look. There's just something classy/solid about it, as well as a bit of reduced overhead.

Classic all the way around. I really dislike the look of the other.

I can't stand all that goofy crap XP added.

Classic all the way for me.

I like the look and feel of the XP style, however it takes a while to tweak it so that it is not so annoying. My CP is in classic mode as the xp mode is crap and clunky to me.

XP's special start menu royally pisses me off. I have to turn it off on every machine I get or I just go insane. I also turn off all that animation crap.

XP-both. I particularly like the new start menu. Also, I recall despising the Win95 interface when it was new, but I adjusted then, so why change now?

XP Style, but classic start menu.

Its nice to have something refreshing. The old grey 'blocky' style gets old.

:p

WindowsXP everything with a custom theme.

Why have a 3Ghz CPU/1GB RAM machine running a GUI made for a 100MHz/32MB RAM machine.

A little eye candy is nice.

Classic on both. Why waste resources to relive the 2nd grade Playskool theme.

Windows XP is fruity enough, I don't need my desktop looking like a 6 year olds with all the fade effects and bright shiny buttons. Windows eats up enough resources, I don't need something I barely look at eating up more. Classic through and through.

There's only one and a half reasons why I go for classic:
1) I can change customize the colors and have every window come out differently or set it in a dark black mood or whatnot.
1/2) It's faster that way (or so it seems).

There's only one a half reasons why I didn't go for XP Style:
1) I can't change my colors on the new taskbars and etc. It's so limited!
1/2) It's slower, not a lot but still...

If only Microsoft could make the taskbar a little lighter on the performance yet make it extremely customizable, I would fall in love with it (and perhaps some different shades and styles of the "roundy" taskbar and etc)...

-J.

Classic look but XP Start Menu. Even though my PC is good enough to run all the eye candy crap, I just dont like it. But I love the new start menu, I couldnt get used to it at first but now I love it even more than the classic start menu. :cool:

Back