Windows Based Syslog Server?

m33pm33p

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2013
Any recommendations on syslog server application for the Windows platform? We are currently using a Linux app and would like to move away from Linux as we are a mostly windows shop. We essentially just need an app that would log locally as well as remotely, at the same time. Were not looking for any kind of monitoring or other advanced features, as we already have a suite for that.

I'd like to personally push for Kiwi but we want to make sure there isnt a free application that could do these simple tasks before we actually spend money.

I needed one a while back, and just did a Google search for Free Windows Syslog Server. There were quite a few options that came up. I don't remember which one I actually chose, but it seemed to do what you are looking to do.

I needed one a while back, and just did a Google search for Free Windows Syslog Server. There were quite a few options that came up. I don't remember which one I actually chose, but it seemed to do what you are looking to do.

Right and I've definitely been doing that. Just wanted to see if maybe anyone had an hands on recommendations they could make. I think we're just going to end up using Kiwi Syslog ourselves.

I'd take a look at something that also does monitoring.

I'd take a look at something that also does monitoring.

We have a monitoring suite. I'm really just using this to collect logs in a cluster and push them over to that. We've been using Turnkey Core but we'd like to find something windows based as not everyone on our team is well versed in Linux.

Back