Windows 7 Sysprep - Delete profile

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there a way after Windows 7 finishes Sysprep, it can delete the profile that was used to run the Sysprep utility from. Basically I am deploying a image via WDS and want the profile deleted used to Sysprep from as its just going to be recreated during the OOBE stage and dont want to create a second profile that just going to end up being deleted.

If you built it right, then yes. Instead of creating an account after you install Windows 7, press ctrl+shift+f3 to work with an admin account that is meant for sysprep. Once you finish and sysprep the computer it copies all the settings that account to the Default profile and then deletes the profile. If you haven't seen it already, check out the link below.

http://blog.brianleejackson.com/sysprep-a-windows-7-machine-–-start-to-finish-v2

ooo Good link, I actually need to build a Win7 image to deploy at work... This'll come in handy...

Thanks for that link! We haven't rolled out 7 at work yet (only I and the other admin are using it ATM) but that'll surely come in handy in the future.

Back