• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows 7 Sound issues

CajunPower

n00b
Joined
Apr 3, 2008
Messages
56
Just popped in a Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series, downloaded the beta drivers for windows 7 64 bit and I've been having trouble since. Sound will pop, fade out, etc. I've tried using the Vista 64 bit drivers, but those didn't work either. I plugged the speakers into the onboard audio jack and it works fine, so it's not the speakers giving me trouble. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
 
try disabling onboard audio in case there's some glitch like the old windows used to have where you couldn't have more than 1 enabled in bios if you wanted the external card to work.
 
i tried all kinds of different drivers, i was having the same issue with my creative audigy 2zs. eventually i tried the 2.18 or 2.12 drivers, then used the latest daniel K drivers and now it seems so far so good
 
Found your problem... it's in your sig:

680i

Yea well, live and learn. I isolated one of the issues, I disabled Creative's super special 3d surround sound function and it's not cutting the audio out, but I'm still not satisfied with the sound I'm getting. I'm going to try the daniel K drivers when I get home.
 
Back
Top