Windows 7 Mystery Issue: Resume from Sleep

char507

Limp Gawd
Okay so i'm just going to throw this problem out there. It's a strange one and I haven't heard of other people having it but i'm hoping someone at [H] might actually know something....

Occasionally when I wake up in the morning (I think the computer has gone to sleep overnight), turn on my screens and try to get Windows 7 to respond, nothing happens. The computer is running and the displays are getting a signal (I don't get the "No Signal Input" from them) but they appear to be suspended. No form of mashing on keys or anything will cause the monitors to respond.

Here is where things get really weird. When I force a shutdown (hold the power button until it turns off) the monitors still do not respond upon reboot. It is only when I physically unplug my computer and reseat the graphics card (Geforce 9800 GT) that the displays will respond again.

I know this doesn't sound like a Windows 7 problem but it has only occured with the builds of Windows 7 I have installed. I have no such problems with Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Ubuntu running on this hardware.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated because other than this potentially show-stopping issue, i'm loving Windows 7....

Back