Windows 7 installer with ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AM4 AMD B450 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX AMD

Scanned the bios, did the unplug/plugin keyboard/mouse and plugged into usb2.0 slots. nothing works.
Curious what I am missing here. As stated above. This is confounding, i've had this issue before-cant seem to get any luck.

You need to use the HP USB driver integration software to add it to your win7 install.
I got this working on an MSI B450-i gaming which had a VRM fail.
Now I'm on a ROG Strix B450i gaming and it is in windows no problem using existing MSI drivers. Now I have to get Wifi and BT going because lazy ass ASSUS won't write drivers for win7. Half the OS market they ignore, stupid fucks.

You need to use the HP USB driver integration software to add it to your win7 install.
I got this working on an MSI B450-i gaming which had a VRM fail.
Now I'm on a ROG Strix B450i gaming and it is in windows no problem using existing MSI drivers. Now I have to get Wifi and BT going because lazy ass ASSUS won't write drivers for win7. Half the OS market they ignore, stupid fucks.

to be fair, AMD and Intel both said for "modern generation beyond X microsoft said NO WINDOWS 7 SUPPORT)
now of course there are tons of company that go outside of OEM spec (otherwise all the fance gaming crud we have would never have existed) that allow things like Win 7 support when MSFT said no, or Asus among other reverse engineer boards to allow older gen chips on current gen boards even though Intel etc said IMPOSSIBLE.

my understanding is "simple" Win 7 does not by default support nvme, sata 6gb, usb3 or 2 (forget which) chipset driver id checks and the like, however if you "slipstream" such missing files not normally there, bingo proper support (till it is yanked)

I know why MSFT did that, if not, no Win 10 would have sold at all, however, Win 7 for the lions share of everything Win 10 is, simply does it better with lower system "cost" (such as ram use, disk activity etc)

Still sucks as just the way start menu is, can totally block update and the like, sorry but w/e MSFT may have learned over the years in my personal opinion (for me) Win 7 is just "better" and they should have reversed gears from Win 8/8.1 and upped 7 to "modern" spec, just like Bill Gates did for Vista to make 7 what it currently is (a better Vista) 10 could/should have been that a better much more refined 7 (for the most part, it is NOT)

Even though much much older, MSFT should have just taken Win 7 as is and slap in the extra fancy stuff to it label as Windows 7 version 10 (or something, DLC style just like we have been doing with games for a very long time) Windows 7 expansion pack adds DX 12 etc for X cost would have sold like hotcakes.

instead individuals have to try and make Win 10 "act like" 7 (a cat trying to be a fish) for the most part having all kinds of compat issues as a result to get that "sticker" which will never be the same, esp when they keep drop support for things on top of (to trim the fat) it makes their $$$$$ much less, but is a shit show ever since for the "average gamer" that might know a thing or 2 about their system.

^.^

Last edited:
tweaktowns had a pic of the module, its a RTL8822be. heres the drivers, yes you have to give an email for the link or look elsewhere.
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8723de-software
https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8795/asus-rog-strix-b450-gaming-amd-motherboard-review/index4.html

Thank you but got it solved a few days ago. BT worked already, I didn't realise (long night..). I was trying Intel for Wifi because assumed it was Intel wifi as it's an Intel lan (usually it's both if one is there) and no one (but tweaktown) had that info on what chipset, even ASUS for some weird reason. Already found and got the drivers for it but the 8723 didn't work so had to get it from another site that had 8822 specific drivers.
But yes, the 'non Win7 compatible' 2600X and B450-I works fine on win 7. Fuck you microsoft. Even got most updates via a 3rd party pack. Can't be fucked with getting windows update working as with good firewall, AV and practices it's not an issue (except for the 'OMG It's EOL 2020 !!11!!' types).

Back