Windows 7 - Doesn't boot after adding Mirroring in disk management

Hello

I have two WD Caviar black 1TB drives and recently made a software RAID1 by adding mirror through disk management on Windows 7 Ultimate.

All was fine and dandy until I tried to restart my computer and found that Windows 7 won't boot (stuck at the black screen with the flickering underscore).

My computer is the HP m9340f with the IPIBL-LB (Benicia)mobo. I've since removed the 2nd HDD in the mirror which does not solve the problem.

Help is much appreciated, thanks!

You can not mirror (make dynamic) the active boot partition within Disk Management. You have to do via bios or raid card level. To fix this, boot to your Windows 7 disc and choose the advanced tools or whatever it's called and click repair start up issues.

Uh oh, is there some kind of fix to remove the mirror without nuking and reinstalling the system?

Next time, If I created a partition solely for the OS, could I make another partition from the same HDD and make this partition dynamic?

To fix this, boot to your Windows 7 disc and choose the advanced tools or whatever it's called and click repair start up issues.

Unfortunately this doesn't work. It says problem cannot be fixed.
I was hoping you can answer my question from the last post:

Next time, If I created a partition solely for the OS, could I make another partition from the same HDD and make this partition dynamic?

Back