• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows 7 + Audigy = no mic

strat4812

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 8, 2008
Messages
129
I have an odd problem, I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64. My problem is the mic input on my audigy, I cant get it to pick up sound in ventrilo or any program for that matter. Before anyone replies with "Make sure its the default device blah blah blah", its not that. The weird thing is audio sounds great, my guitar through line in works great, I can hear myself if I unmute my mic, but it will not work in programs, neither will "What you Hear". Just today I installed the newest Daniel K pack, which fixed other issues but not my mic. Any suggestions, I have had this problem for months.
 
I had trouble getting my mic working with an X-FI in Windows 7 and it was all because of the stupid flexijack, with it set to Line-in it wouldn't work, had to specifically tell it that I was using a microphone, no idea why.
 
hmmm.. I just moved to W7 x64 from x64 XP without a problem. I have an audigy SE - not sure the differences between our cards.

I did, however, have to turn on the +20db mic boost in the audio properties to get it audible in Skype. Maybe try that?
 
I have the same issue and I guess it's known on the creative forums. I did find something though (don't have a link sorry), you add a line to you boot.ini file. This has supposedly worked for some people. I never did get a chance to try it because my other gtx 260 came in and with SLI the card blocks my pci slot, so I'm using onboard.
 
This is not just restricted to an Audigy card. The same issue applies to the Platinum and Xtreme PCIe series. I went to the extent to buy a USB mic and the samethingis happening. Low putput on TeamSpeak and Ventrillo. Does not work in game such as Battlefield 2. However, it is recognized in the software and applications menu. Have all set to high with mic boost on.
 
Back
Top