Windows 7 and Speech Recognition

Doom4life

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to troubleshoot a glitch and was curious if anyone has experienced it or knows of a workaround.

I built a computer for my Dad and convinced him to purchase Windows 7. All has been great, except there is a troublesome glitch that I can't seem to figure out and solve. He is really into the speech recognition, however it seems that anytime the speech recognition program is open and he tries to open up Windows Live Mail, it freezes and you have to force it close via task manager.

Of course, the easiest work around is to close speech recognition before opening up Windows Live Mail, but he would like to try using it to type some e-mails.

Any ideas? I've done some searches and it seems other people have experienced this problem but there is no fixes (yet).

Does it happens only when the speech recognition program is open and only with Windows Live Mail?

Yes, it only happens when speech recognition is running in the backgroun and Windows Live Mail is started. It loads about halfway through, but freezes before it shows the list of e-mail messages and such.

Back