windows 7 and itunes woes please help

357mag

n00b
after finally organizing my music in itunes on my laptop i decide to add some more songs new album into itunes by linking the folder bad idea itunes decided to make duplicates of the same song so picture all my tracks i organized now showing 5 different copies in the list view the fix was over whelming so i decided forget it ill start over besides all the songs i had in itunes was perfectly synced to itouch so i get touch copy09 to copy contents form ipod to pc so i can re-sync with a fresh copy of itunes on my desktop i link it to the file that my backup program make and sync after i jbreak the thing now in the grid everything shows fine no duplicates nothing just like on the laptop when i sync files to he touch it syncs the album by every artist feat then copies the album again i listen to hip-hop and all my mix-tapes are screwd up i can have 8 copies of the same album based on this stupid bug please help

in short backed up songs from itouch to pc re-sync on another computer with a new install of itunes sync my touch and now all the albums and mix-tapes are synced as a new album with each featured artist as the main artist example ( 50 cent get rich or die tryin all track in album , lloyd banks get rich or die tryin all tracks in album etc ) i like to organize my itouch via albums and listen through them

note: this is not a jailbreak issue either because it did the same thing with my cousins brand new itouch right out of the box with only a couple of mix-tapes that i downloaded
everything shows up in itunes fine no doubles at all (list view / by albums )

oh im running firm 3.1.2 on a 2g touch 32gb snowed

i'm having a hard time deciphering your exact situation, punctuation would help out a lot. 1) do you have your itunes set to "copy files to itunes media folder when adding to library" 2) did you go into your itunes folder and delete the dupes (or delete from the itunes gui and select "remove from itunes library")?

sounds like a duplicate issue, or like your tags are messed up. you might also try selecting all of the songs on said mix-tape albums>get info>sorting and then check "sort by album" and type in the mix-tape album title.

in general, linking music that isn't in your itunes folder makes things a pita.

sorry about the punctuation, i was in a hurry.

I'm thinking its a windows 7 bug.the program i used before puts the album info from my ipod in a artist/ feature folder,then throws the album in just to be sure i took a backup of my files before i arranged it in itunes (downloaded mixtapes etc cd rips whatever) put it in my music folder still the same bug occurs using itunes or media monkey. when syncing even though the program shows the one album on pc when synced it becomes as much as 10 (note all this with the program linking to 1 folder my music folder)

Back