Windows 10 - I cannot open Office 2013...

Rav3n

Gawd
Here is the run down....

I have a clean, activated install of Win10. Office 2013 is also legit, and activated. I can open any office program immediately after installing office 2013...

But then I cannot open it again. I double click on any of the apps (Word, Excel etc) and my cursor just spins... and then goes away (installed on a SSD) and then nothing happens...

No errors of any sort popping up!

The ONLY thing in task manager related to Office 2013, is "Microsoft Office Click To Run" which I have no idea what that is. I can end the process. And then as soon as I try to launch Word again, the same thing happens...

Any ideas? This is the ONLY issue I have had software wise with Win10 so far. And go figure, its a M$ product.

In case anyone was wondering, the answer was I was having an issue with the "Click to run" version of Office 2013.

I downloaded the MSI installer version, and it worked perfect.

Hmm, that's strange. All the Office 2013 applications should open and work no differently than they would in 7 or 8.1. 2013 and 10 are working together just fine with computing on which I'm typing this message.

Try compatibility mode. Right click on the start icon for the Office application you want to run, then select "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the drop-down options. See if that fixes it.

Hmm, that's strange. All the Office 2013 applications should open and work no differently than they would in 7 or 8.1. 2013 and 10 are working together just fine with computing on which I'm typing this message.

Try compatibility mode. Right click on the start icon for the Office application you want to run, then select "Troubleshoot compatibility" from the drop-down options. See if that fixes it.

I tried that prior to downloading the MSI installation file (not using the "online" active download). Still did not solve the issue.

Upon searching, I was one of MANY people who had the issue with both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, both after upgrades and clean installations.

For anyone who finds this thread later, I downloaded the evaluation version (free for 60 days directly FROM Microsoft, on their tech preview website) and then installed it using my existing key. Worked and activated fine. No more "click to run" issues, as a matter of fact "click to run" no longer shows up in the task manager when I am using office programs. It may be a rare issue for most people, but it was a issue I had. So that is the fix.

Back