Wincustomize.....and the new pictures virus...

lesman

2[H]4U
Ok, so I'm sure many have heard the news about the new type of virus that can get on your computer simply by viewing a webpage in the form of a picture format "jpeg, gif, yada yada yada".....now, here's what happened to me:

I visit www.wincustomize.com frequently on my windows computer to download themes. I was sitting there one day and my download box pops up as if I'm downloading something and BOOM-up pops the ""Norton Antivirus has detected and failed to delete a virus" dialog box...it was bloodhound dot something-or-other, and it said it was located in temporary internet files. So I cleared them all out, lo-and behold, it was gone. I didn't think much of it, but noted it happened when I was on wincustomize.com.

Just yesterday I visited wincustomize again...all the sudden my little download box pops up saying "download beginning". So quickly I scurry to the download manager.....the file it's downloading is a very small .gif file. Then up pops the Norton Antivirus box again. I couldn't close out of msn explorer, as it said "an operation hasn't finished". After a little while, it closed. So I cleared out the temp files and cookies again, and it's gone....

Is wincustomize to blame for this? Or is it a user image that they are showcasing on the frontpage? I am not sure, but it is bugging me. Feedback please.

They may have updated the content on the page, but I'm not getting anything to happen.

Thanks for the reply.

The content changes on the page all the time, in between the times I got that "virus", I visited there a few times with nothing happening. I will try to narrow it down.

I'll keep checking as well, just to see if I get anything.

I haven't noticed anything different lately, nor have I gotten any strange popups from that site.

Back