Winamp and LCD

Originally posted by fenton06
ahhh...CrystalFontz...forgot about them
i found the 634 LCD, which model do I get? I like the light blue backlighting...but i dont understand the positive or negative backlighting.

The positive or negative backlighting is whether you want the LCD reversed or not. For example black letters on a light blue background (I believe that's positive backlighting), or light blue letters on a black background.

If you want a 4-line display, the 634 is what you want. If you want fan and system power control also, you want the 633 or 631. With a 633 or 631 you can get rid of your fan bus, on/off button, etc. They'll even thermostatically control the fans.

There's also a new version of their Crystal Control program on the way (dunno when). I've seen the beta version, it's very slick. The Winamp monitor on the new one provides graphical output like level bars.

BTW, The Crystalfontz guys are great. They're local to me and a sponsor of our local LAN parties and frequently donate LCDs as door prizes. They come and play too :) So yeah, I'm a little biased...

Originally posted by Aknosis
I was reading an intersting thread but teh last 2 pages have been nuthing but
spam1.gif

stop.gif
the violence.

LOL, that's the same thing I was thinking. But really fellas, is the Crystalfonts LCD really the best LCD out there? I also need one but not only for Winamp but to output temps and system info also.

Originally posted by Aknosis
I was reading an intersting thread but teh last 2 pages have been nuthing but
spam1.gif

stop.gif
the violence.

excuse me sir, you seem to be lost, genmay is

<--- that way.

ok lets get this thread back on topic plz

ok...another question...what is the difference between an LCD and a VFD? Would I be better off modding ina PS One screen and then finding programs for what I want? I want to be able to see the visualizations and stuff...is there any prgram available for this?

ok...another question...what is the difference between an LCD and a VFD? Would I be better off modding ina PS One screen and then finding programs for what I want? I want to be able to see the visualizations and stuff...is there any prgram available for this?

Correct me if I am wrong but LCD is dots like you see on a lot of cellphones...But VCD is like the old school alarmclocks that make an "8" when they all light up...

Jame its teh other way around. but there all dots. af for screens MO has the best ATM but i seen some up and coming CF screens that look good.

LCD is a light background, with dark dots that block the background, making letters and numbers and whatnot. this is the liquid crystals inside twisting due to electrical charge.

VFD is an unlit background, where each dot lights up. this is electrons being fired at a grid and lighting it up.

hope that helps.

Back